For dental implants in Colombia, Veneerscolombia.com is the best option, since we have certified implantologists and periodontists, as well as all the necessary instruments to guarantee the success of the treatment.
Dental implants are also known as artificial teeth, and they are the ideal substitutes to replace the natural root of the tooth, they serve as supports for other dental pieces, such as: crowns, bridges, prostheses, etc. They are normally made of titanium since it is a biocompatible material and does not generate rejection from the body.
With the advancement of technology, it is now possible to implant teeth in a safe, fast and almost painless way. Implant prices vary depending on the number of units to be installed and the complexity of the area. Usually they are inserted directly into the maxilla or mandible and then the bone grows which is fully attached to the facial structure.
Implants are currently the most used option to replace a dental piece and a definitive solution is delivered to patients. Many times before performing a surgery of this type, it is necessary to proceed with a bone graft so that the implanted screw has an excellent fixation.
Types of implants
In dental implants we find two main types:
1 – Endo-osseous: they are the most used and morally they are fixed by means of surgery to the jaw or maxilla, this type of implants has three main forms that are the following:
Screw (It is the implant most used by specialists)
2 – Subperiosteal (juxta-osseous): these are metal arches that are attached to the jaw bone. This type of implant is normally used in patients whose bone development is minimal.
Success conditions for implants
Having a good amount of bone, this is evaluated by the specialist using diagnostic tests before proceeding with the surgery.
Not having infections at the time of the dental implant procedure.
Have the procedure performed by a specialist in implantology.
That the implant is from an internationally recognized brand.
That the crown or piece that is placed later to replace the upper part of the tooth is placed by a specialist and also has high quality standards.
The main risk is that the body rejects the implant or it does not adhere properly to the bone. These cases with a correct procedure are mitigated by 99%.
What material is a dental implant made of?
At veneerscolombia.com we use biocompatible titanium dental implants. Subsequently, a prosthesis made of different materials will be placed that will replace the lost tooth.
What are the pre-dental implant tests?
Once the dentist has determined that you need a dental implant, at Veneerscolombia.com, we will do some tests so that everything goes well.
The first thing that the specialist does is a radiographic examination that allows to see the state of the bone and verify if it is possible to perform the implant.
In addition, a clinical examination is performed, where we assess the general comedtions of the patient’s oral status.
Types of treatments
Single dental implants
The single dental implant is the best alternative to solve the loss or extraction of a tooth.
Don’t give up on your teeth: all teeth are necessary. If you have lost one, do not hesitate and go to our dental clinics. Our specialists will be in charge of carrying out a totally free diagnosis of your mouth and will recommend the most appropriate solution for your needs.
Single dental implant procedure
- We simulate the root of the tooth with a biocompatible titanium structure that is inserted into the bone.
- On this structure we fix a crown, resistant and of natural aspect, that allows to replace your tooth without touching the neighboring teeth.
It is a simple process that will allow you to recover all the functionality of your teeth, and gaining aesthetics.
Bridge on dental implants
When the patient needs to replace or has lost several pieces, we can replace them with a bridge supported on two or more dental implants. This treatment is carried out where there is a loss of two or more teeth.
Bridge procedure on dental implants
- We anchor two biocompatible titanium dental implants to the bone that will act as the root, safely supporting the force of chewing.
- On these structures we fix a fixed prosthesis with three teeth, made of metal and ceramic, to provide full functionality to your new teeth. And thus recovering a natural and healthy appearance.
With this we manage to provide full functionality to your new teeth and thus recover a natural and healthy appearance.
Fixed prosthesis on dental implants
The fixed dental prosthesis on implants replaces all the teeth of one or both arches.
If you are missing all your teeth, this is a totally personalized option for each patient that allows you to obtain great results and improve dental aesthetics.
Procedure of a fixed prosthesis on implants
- We implant eight biocompatible titanium implants in the bone, which will hold the prostheses by properly distributing the chewing force.
- On these anchors, we individually fix each new dental implant made of metal and ceramic.
- A totally natural look is achieved with greater resistance and durability.
The result is the closest thing to enjoying your own teeth again.
Overdenture on dental implants
The overdenture model for full dentures is a solution that gives you security in a simple way. This type of removable prosthesis is anchored on the implants to improve support, retention and stability.
Procedure for overdenture on implants
- We distribute four biocompatible titanium dental implants along the gum, which simulate the function of the dental roots, securing the teeth to the bone.
- On these “new roots”, we fix a metallic structure in which the complete prosthesis is fitted by means of clamps. So you have the tranquility and aesthetics of a fixed denture, and also the freedom to extract, reposition and clean your prosthesis with ease.
Hybrid prosthesis on dental implants
When the lack of all the teeth has caused the bone to lose volume, the most appropriate solution is a hybrid prosthesis screwed on implants.
Procedure of a hybrid prosthesis on implants
- We create six support points that will act as the fixed base of the prosthesis. They consist of biocompatible titanium dental implants that bond the structure to the bone.
- Next, we fix the implants with a prosthesis with a metal base and a resin structure, with all the teeth.
So you have an aesthetic solution, which recovers the expressiveness and functionality of your mouth in an economical way.
Maxillary sinus lift
When the bone that supports the denture is insufficient to put a dental implant, we can recover it with the sinus lift. This treatment will allow us to place dental implants despite the lack of bone.
Sinus lift procedure
This simple procedure consists of restoring the sinus membrane to its correct position, then filling the free space with a substitute bone. Thus we gain the necessary resistance to place the dental implant you need, with total safety.
With all the security you need so that nothing prevents you from enjoying your best smile again.
What are the advantages and why do we have a dental implant?
Among its advantages we find the following:
- They do not sacrifice the dental structure of the adjacent teeth as in the cases of dental bridges that need to file the neighboring teeth to support the dental prosthesis.
- Titanium implants can support a bridge of fixed teeth and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- They allow you to speak and eat again with confidence.
- They are safe and offer the freedom of not having to worry about the removable prosthesis moving or falling off. Titanium implants allow you to say goodbye to worries about poorly fitting removable dentures.
- They provide the possibility of having fixed teeth in the safest and most comfortable way.
- They look and feel like your own natural teeth.
- Prevent bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridges and dentures.
The vast majority of dental implants that we place are successful, something to which the patient must contribute with proper dental hygiene and avoiding harmful habits (such as smoking, chewing hard items).
For your peace of mind, in your dental implantology treatment, you will have our detailed guarantee. And, in addition, with the Veneerscolombia.com Method we offer you very competitive prices and facilities with the highest quality.
DENTAL IMPLANTS COST
|Titanium implant+ Abdument with Porcelain Crown+ Temporally Crown||$ 1.500|
|Zirconia implant + Abdument with Zirconia Crown + Temporally Crown||$ 1.900|
|Bone Graft and Membrane||$ 430|
|Sinus lift (bilateral)||$ 1.830|
DENTAL IMPLANTS DEFINITELY IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE
SINCE THEY ALLOW:
Regain functional comfort, reducing chewing and speech difficulties.
Being more stable than removable alternatives, the implants guarantee a better chewing function and facilitate the digestion of food. In addition, they allow to recover the normal locution.
- Obtain a good aesthetic result.
Implants replace one or more teeth, blend harmoniously into the mouth and adapt optimally to the gingiva. Implants look identical to adjacent natural teeth and bone is preserved. This allows the patient’s face to retain its natural shape and expression.
- Maintain the integrity of adjacent healthy teeth, avoiding having to file them.
In the cases of placement of bridges or removable prostheses, it is necessary to file the adjacent pieces. Thanks to dental implants, these pieces can be preserved. This advantage considerably prolongs the long-term life of teeth.
- Ensure good tolerance.
- The implants are made of biocompatible materials.
Avoid the discomfort associated with removable prostheses.
- Lack of stability, hooks, deterioration of the adjacent natural teeth, possibility of difficulties in chewing and alteration of speech.
- Preserve bone structure.
By using the jaw as a fixation point, the implant helps preserve bone, reducing bone loss that occurs after tooth extraction. In addition, the load that the bone receives during chewing stimulates it and prevents its resorption. On the contrary, if the bone is not used regularly, it runs the risk of degrading.
- Recover well-being, comfort and quality of life.
The implants are integrated into the bone, and are perceived as own teeth and not as foreign bodies, thus providing a feeling of comfort. The patient regains self-esteem when talking, eating or laughing.
- Provide a more durable solution, by permanently and permanently replacing missing teeth.
The long-term success of implants is assured as long as their placement is done professionally, there is regular follow-up by a dentist and the patient maintains strict oral hygiene.
FAQS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
How the dental implant is held in the bone?
By a biological process known as Osseointegration, described by Professor Bränemark in the 1950s, through which the body establishes a direct connection between the bone and the implant surface. When osseointegration has occurred, the implant is firmly attached to the bone and can support a prosthesis to meet all functional and aesthetic requirements as if it were a healthy natural tooth. Another characteristic of osseointegration is that it is very stable over time, which is why these treatments offer satisfactory results that are enjoyed for many years.
Why choose dental implants over removable dentures?
When a person loses one or more teeth, they have numerous options at their disposal to solve it, but without a doubt, the best option in the short and long term is to use dental implants.
The removable prosthesis was very successful before the advances in implantology and in fact, it still remains a great solution for those people who, due to their dental conditions, do not meet the requirements to wear dental implants.
Dental implants offer a series of advantages that make them the most recommended choice:
Once the osseointegration process has been successfully completed, dental implants have a perfect fixation, and can last for many years in good condition.
Saving on dental health can be very expensive. Removable prostheses are tailored to the patient, but they do not really belong in the mouth (they are not 100% integrated) and that carries a series of risks.
Dental implants are undoubtedly much more comfortable than other dental replacement alternatives. Implants only require the same care as a natural tooth and since they are fixed in the mouth, no different cleaning is necessary than the rest of the teeth, so the brush and dental floss will be enough to keep them in perfect condition.
Removable prostheses, not being fixed in the oral cavity, can cause greater problems when chewing or speaking. In addition, they need to be removed for dental hygiene tasks and require special cleaning.
Dental implants guarantee a better state of dental health than removable dentures.
Removable prostheses are fixed on teeth in good condition and the effort made by natural teeth to hold the removable prosthesis can deteriorate their condition, causing them to wear out and move.
When losing a tooth, a process of bone loss can begin, affecting both the functional and aesthetic aspects, even modifying the shape of the patient’s face.
To avoid problems of this type, a dental implant is recommended that, occupying that space, restores the functionality of the maxilla and the original appearance of the face.
In addition, dental implants allow to achieve an image very similar to that of natural teeth, since, after placing them, dental crowns are placed that perfectly imitate the appearance of the teeth.
In veneerscolombia.com we have the best rehabilitators and specialists in oral rehabilitation, implantology, crowns, porcelain veneers, resin veneers, bridges, temporary teeth and everything you need to have the best advice.